• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 pm
www.mnmmanews.com

CFX in Alexandria

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

CFX in Alexandria

Postby Ph1sh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 am

I know a lot of you all live in the metro and there are a few events going on down there, but any of you making your way up north to Alexandria for CFX? It looks like the show is almost sold out but it will be interesting to see where they put the event in Fat Daddy's.....

on a side note, who do you all like on Saturday's Strikeforce card? I like:

Diaz, Jacare, Walker, and Prangley.
Ph1sh

Re: CFX in Alexandria

Postby mnmmanews » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:34 pm

I like your picks for Strikeforce ... I'm a big Jacare guy. Sooo glad he brought his stuff to the US for the noobs to see.

I was wondering the same thing about Fat Daddys. It's going to be tight in there, but I asked Gavin about it and he said they measured it all out. Small venues like that are generally fun ... as long as the crowd doesn't get too crazy!
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Re: CFX in Alexandria

Postby Ph1sh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

I am also a big Jacare fan, but the thing that worries me is that he has really fallen in love with his hands which may not be a good idea vs. Robbie. Even vs. Manhoef Robbie was in serious trouble after those leg kicks and he still had the power to put Melvin out cold. Jacare's takedowns also had much to be desired in his fight with Kennedy although I think Kennedy may have some better takedown defense. Robbie could prove me wrong though because he has been training full time in Arizona with Aaron Simpson, CB Dollaway, and Ryan Bader so that has had to improve his wrestling. Jacare's BJJ is next level though, and Robbie has been subbed before.

Speaking of Jacare, I am pretty excited to see his understudy, Rodrigo "Comprido" Medeiros join Brock Lesnar's team of coaches for this upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter along with Marty Morgan and Erik Paulsen. Comprido is the man....
Ph1sh

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk