• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 pm
www.mnmmanews.com

Fights to be excited for?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Re: Fights to be excited for?

Postby Aasen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

That show is april 15th and Austin can't fight that date.

It could be a very nice fight for the two prospective fighters both are hungry and want to move up in the rankings

Both are very skilled

Both wear pajamas to bed
Aasen

Postby AJudge » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 pm

AJudge

Postby mnmmanews » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeah, sorry, it's not Austin. He's still recovering from the many surgeries he required after the vicious beating I gave him.

It's a fight worth seeing ... however the location is a bit puzzling. But it is what it is: on paper, it's one of the best matchups within the state we could hope for.

As son as all parties give me the green light, I'll announce it.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby mma_fan_man » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I would like to see Gotreau get tested at 170. I hear Adam McDonough is a little scared to face him. It would have been a much better battle for the cfx belt. Guess Brock wants to make sure the belt stays in house.

Sick of seeing one sided affairs that result in 75% of the fight card ending in the first few minutes of the fight.
mma_fan_man

Postby Aasen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 am

^^^ state your real name if you are going to insult someone and their camp/trainer

I imagine you are connected to Adam since you stated that he is scared of Robbie, that sounds like first hand info and I am sure Adam wants to know which one of his friends is stabbing him in the back.

Now man up and state your name so we can figure out how you are affiliated with Drew
Aasen

Postby mnmmanews » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 am

Always trying to stir the pot, aren't you Aasen?!

Well, I highly doubt McDonough is "scared" of Gotreau. And I'd say it's comical to imply that McDonough vs. Delanoit is a bad fight. Apparently you didn't see Delanoit at the Target Center. He's a veteran of more than 30 fights, trains with a good camp and has been in the cage with some of the best.

Since 2009, Delanoit has six losses. Those losses are to Bellator vet Steve Carl, Bellator champion Ben Askren, WEC vet Jeremy Lang, UFC vet Josh Neer, UFC/WEC vet John Alessio and Bellator vet Tyler Stinson.

To say Delanoit vs. McDonough is less of a fight than McDonough vs. Gotreau would be ... come on dude.

I love Robbie, and I think he's one of the state's best prospects. And frankly, as a Minnesota fan, I'd love to see him take on McDonough.

But don't try to say Delanoit is a lesser opponent and doesn't offer a huge risk to McDonough. That's a pick-em fight at best. It's McDonough's toughest opponent by far.

On a much worse note ... rumor is that the negotiations for that huge fight I was talking about have already fallen through. Yuck.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby mma_fan_man » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm not trying to imply that Delanoit is a bad fighter or it wont be a good match. You have a guy in state ready to go that is highly regaurded as your man. I'm sorry i just would like to see alot more of MN best vs MN best to see who truly stands on top.

I don't stand for any particular gym, just a fan (hence the name mma_fan_man. Should just be able to speak my own opinion, this is America correct?). I have been to alot of Savage fights and like alot of the fighters there; bash brothers, Mitch Jackson and Askan. Soo step off a bit guy, just want one of your fighters get a great match up
mma_fan_man

Postby mnmmanews » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah Aasen, step off.

OK, I thought you were trying to say this was a garbage fight. If not, then carry on ...

Yes, to me a Gotreau vs. McDonough would make a lot more sense as a promoter. That's going to sell WAY more tickets in Minnesota than bringing Delanoit up. I mean, I know who Delanoit is, I know he's legit, that it's going to be a war, but I'd say Joe Blow has no clue who he is.

Having two Minnesota fighters, both ranked, both close to getting to the next level, in the cage, well, that's easier to promote, easier to sell tickets.

Of course, I'm not a promoter ... so what do I know.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby Aasen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I wasn't saying thats a garbage fight.

Read the damn post

I was implying that whoever throws an insult to state their name and saying that I doubt Adam is afraid of robbie

geez I actually stick up for someone else and get shredded

last time I do that
Aasen

Postby mma_fan_man » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Why isn't the Rob v Adam fight happening then Aasen? Is your guy stepping down, doubt it. I talked to rory in brainerd when i was up there about setting it up and he was cocky about it and had no objections. Now he is fighting someone else, whats left to say then Adam doesnt want to go to battle with him.
mma_fan_man

Postby DickPunch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm

I gotta agree with Aasen here, he was sticking up for the guy, and then you guys start jumping on him. I know he is a ghey, but this is the 21st century, I thought we were past that.
DickPunch

Postby Aasen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:33 am

I will only say this, Robbie will fight anyone, he wants to fight everyone who is ranked in the state, he is begging to fight all the top guys.

Until we get guys to fight him he will have to smash cans.
Aasen

Postby mnmmanews » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

Whoa whoa whoa ... nothing I wrote was supposed to be directed at aasen, except the joke at the beginning of that last post ... I think our wires are crossed here.

I wasn't addressing Aasen, I was talking to mma fan ... saying I thought he was saying it was a garbage fight, not Aasen.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk