• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:10 am
www.mnmmanews.com

Tat Romero to 155 ?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Re: Tat Romero to 155 ?

Postby LeeMurray » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 am

I will admit that if the weight was made I'm surprised, I had heard you missed 170 a few times and had fought way higher, but it is a feat to do this late in your career. However, Bruce Johnson? I have seen him fight like 20 times and everytime he gets smashed, i think he usually fights alot smaller too as I've seen him at 145. It just would seem a huge mismatch, definitely not a fight an intelligent fan would enjoy paying to see, not even sure that guy trains and from his record hes only beat a few guys out of 50 some guys hes fought were half your size by the estimations im looking at.
LeeMurray

Postby MEANBEAN3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 am

I don't disagree, he weighed in at 160 I believe. That's two pounds heavier than I did. It was a safe fight to say the least, but I wasn't sure how my body was going to respond to the cut so my manager did his job by finding me a safe fight. Like you said, it's late in my career and I can't afford another loss. Do you know anything about this sport? Just curious. I will be fighting someone much tougher than Bruce on my next outing. This is a new chapter for me so stay tuned and either I'll make you a believer or keep making you look stupid . . .
MEANBEAN3

Postby Bruno » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

LeeMurry, do you fight at all? Do you think youcould beat Bruce Johnson? Do you step in the cage at all? What is your point in Tat fighting Bruce Johnson? That he is not a quality fighter? Pat Schilling fought Bruce Johnson and lost via KO, he then made it to the UFC. Does that make him less of a quality of a fighter? Marcus Levesseur fought bruce too, is he low quality fighter? You can go on and on... Tat not only proved you wrong by making weight, but he had a great fight too. Tat isn't afraid of top competition, and if you're not in the UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator, you're not always going to face top opponents, stepping stones or "cans" are always going to be there. What makes you so credible? Do YOU fight? Do YOU cut weight? Have YOU fought at multiple weight classes and still performed at an optimal level? It's a lot easier said that done, and until you've lived through it, its something that most people don't quite understand unless you've lived it. Which leads me to believe that you don't fight and you shouldn't be talking unless you step in the cage.
Bruno

Postby Morvaria » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am

Lee Murray = Drew Studer
Morvaria

Postby laffdog » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 pm

^ Enough said!.... Drew sits behind his computer and disregards people's hard work ...You need to just simmer down and keep the disrespect to a minimum. Until I see you step into the cage with all your meticulous observations of fighters, and who "YOU" think is credible keep your rude comments to yourself...

Any respectable "Man" would fess up and say I was wrong in saying Tat wouldn't make weight congratulate him and wish him good luck. No matter if or what type of vise you have with him!...But that just shows the lack of class Drew has!!
laffdog

Postby theflyingcamel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am

Bruce has a lot of losses, he has a lot of fights overall, and he is always down, always shows up, and if you get caught slippin, will knock your head off. I have a lot of respect for that dude.
theflyingcamel

Previous

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk