• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 am
www.mnmmanews.com

Full Nelson Show in Alex

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Full Nelson Show in Alex

Postby TheBabyRhino » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 pm

I get a call from the six members of my team(three fighters and three corner men) that Shawn Nelson did not pay for their gas money as agreed. They drove 2 hours to get up there to fight for this guy's show, and they don't have gas money to get home. The Full Nelson promotion is off to an extraordinarily unspectacular start! I know this is a new promotion, but this is not the way to do business. I thought since Shawn has fought before, that he would have an inkling of good will and hospitality for a traveling fighter. I guess not...
TheBabyRhino

Re: Full Nelson Show in Alex

Postby RoyaltyFighting » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:35 am

The show in Alex was AWESOME!! I liked the interviews and walkouts, the fights were entertaining, and we have never been treated so well and with more respect anywhere else! We will def be returning to another one of Shawn Nelson's shows!
RoyaltyFighting

Postby TheBabyRhino » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:35 am

While initially I did not have the same experience as Royalty, I do believe in the adage, "Whatever ends well was well" Shawn Nelson came to the hotel room where my guys were staying at and made things right. He gave them the gas money so they could return home and overall it was a good experience. They went 2-1, were put up in a hotel, were fed, and were reimbursed for gas money. So I can't complain about how things worked out.
TheBabyRhino

Postby TheBabyRhino » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:25 pm

History repeats itself:
Full Shawn Nelson and NorthStar Combat Dean Lamb promised gas money and food vouchers and then when the fight is over, they disappear without paying what they promise. They both have done this twice. I won't give them an opportunity to do this to my team a third time. A word of advice, stay with Driller Mma, and Brutaal Genesis. I have worked with those two groups for years and never had a major problem. I have worked with Full Nelson and North Star's Dean Lamb twice now and have been hoodwinked both times!
TheBabyRhino

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk