• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 pm
www.mnmmanews.com

Friday Night Fights in Savage

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Friday Night Fights in Savage

Postby TheBabyRhino » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 pm

I noticed there is not a lot of publicity for the show in Savage, and since the Crystal Fight Club has two for sure possibly three fighters on this show, I feel obligated to urge the MMA community to come out and watch us!

Two selling points: female fight, and the opportunity to see a head kick. One of our lovely ladies is getting in the cage; and what is better than watching two women grapple?

I am fighting a guy who knocked his last opponent down with a head kick. And that guy was six foot! I am 5'6, so he might attempt a leg kick and accidentally hit me in the head with it!

If you need tix, contact the CFC. We can sell them for $30; if you wait to buy them at the door, they will cost you $35

At any rate,come out to Neisen's Sports Bar in Savage, Mn..
TheBabyRhino

Re: Friday Night Fights in Savage

Postby calebdude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

How did everything go down there?

I have to apologize for the lack of coverage on the Savage show... I think it goes way back to a miscommunication between Ben and I where he sent me down there to cover the show and I thought he only wanted the results, not a full write up. Well that is what I did, and the Savage guys got mad because I had done write ups for Gamst and Bjornberg before.
It looked like me, and by default Ben/the website, showed favoritism, so now there is some drama there.
Honestly, it was an incredible show and really deserved a write up. I really regret the whole mess.
calebdude

Postby stinkyfinger » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

do a write up then. ;)
stinkyfinger

Postby calebdude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 pm

The show I covered was like a year ago.
calebdude

Postby TheBabyRhino » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 am

Thanks Caleb Dude for the response. My opponent, Richard Sveen, did not show up for the fight. He has fought for Savage twice as a pro MMA fighter and several times in their kick boxing shows. He has showed up every time before, i.e., he has never backed out; but decided not to against me for some reason. Ozzie is trying to reschedule me to fight on the Dec. 15th show.

Alena Miwa, my team mate, did fight though; and her fight at 135 was up for fight of the night consideration. There was a fight between two women who each weighed in the neighborhood of 220 pounds(which is a pretty big neighborhood). That fight, though not technical, was very entertaining while it lasted. There is 135 pounder that fights on Savage Entertainment shows who is worth the price of admission..Jamal Galedhari. That kid is spectacular! He has purple belt level Jiu jitsu and is very good at minimizing damage to himself while securing the takedown..
TheBabyRhino

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk